We shake a glitter ball or snow globe to help us understand the connection between what happens in our minds and what happens in our bodies.
Leading the Game
1. Shake a glitter ball and watch the glitter whirl about, the water will become cloudy.
2. Can you see through the water to the other side?
3. Stop shaking the ball, place one hand on your belly or over your heart and watch the glitter settle.
4. Can you see through the water now?
5. Did the glitter go away entirely? Nope, it’s still there. Thoughts are like that, too. Our minds can get so busy with thoughts that we can’t think clearly. But if we feel our breathing and leave our thoughts alone, they settle down, and we can think clearly again.