Want to help kids at the border but not sure where and how to donate?
make one donation that evenly splits your contribution between organizations actively helping kids at the border. Thx, Stacey Mandel for the head's-up.
do you have resources you'd like to share? contact us.
want to stay in touch? follow us on twitter; like us on facebook.
ActBlue has posted a list of groups actively working to help separated families. There’s a way to make one donation that evenly splits your contribution between the organizations, and an option to donate to one or more of the organizations separately. Thanks to Stacey Mandel with Bubbles and Flashlights for letting us know.
Here's the link to ActBlue's donation page to support kids at the border.
And here's a list of the organizations that ActBlue has vetted and chosen to support:
- We Belong Together: "Women for common sense immigration policies."
- United We Dream: "The largest immigrant youth-led network in the country."
- Womens Refugee Commission: "Advocating for the rights and protection of women, children, and youth fleeing violence and persecution."
- ACLU: "Fighting attacks through the legal system."
- Kids In Need of Defense (KIND) "Protecting unaccompanied children who enter the US immigration system alone to ensure that no child appears in court without an attorney."
- Asylum Seeker Advocacy Project: "Providing asylum seekers with legal aid and community support across the country."
- Human Rights First: "Helping refugees obtain asylum in the U.S."
- La Union del Pueblo Entero: "Founded by Cesar Chavez and Dolores Huerta, a community union that works in the Rio Grande Valley from the grassroots up."