This workshop offers a life-changing opportunity for parents and professionals who work with children. Mindfulness and meditation develop six essential life skills that children need: quieting, focusing, seeing, reframing, caring, and connecting. Come learn how to engage children in developing these skills—while having fun!
Susan Kaiser Greenland’s mindful games helps children better regulate their emotions and respond to any situation calmly, with kindness and compassion. Highly experiential, this workshop includes demonstrations of lessons, practice periods, teaching techniques, and group facilitation. There will also be plenty of opportunities to ask questions and meet like-minded parents and professionals.
Through lively discussion and experiential activities you will learn:
- Simple games to integrate mindfulness into a daily routine
- The “why” and the “how” of sharing mindfulness with youth, using methods Susan developed and tested over many years
- How mindful games help children and adults alike hold back from jumping to conclusions and making judgments reflexively
- How to bring the qualities of attention, balance, and compassion into our and our children’s actions and relationships
- Ways that mindfulness and meditation strengthen and support how you communicate and teach/guide.
Mindful games encourage greater mind-body awareness, enhance compassionate life skills, and help with stress management. What you will learn in this workshop can easily be adapted for home, after school programs, or private therapy and health-care practices.
WHEN & WHERE
July 23-28, 2017
Sunday-Friday, 5 nights
800 Bethany Drive
Scotts Valley, CA 95066
Accommodations, meals, and campus activities rates, per person, for all program nights:
Standard single: from $875
Standard double: from $800
Traditional: from $950
Suite: from $1,650