the Mindful Child
The Mindful Child: How to Help Your Kid Manage Stress and Become Happier, Kinder, and More Compassionate
The techniques of mindful awareness have helped millions of adults reduce stress in their lives. Now, children—who are under more pressure than ever before—can learn to protect themselves with these well-established methods adapted for their ages. Based on a program researched by UCLA, The Mindful Child is a groundbreaking book, the first to show parents how to teach these transformative practices to their children.
When children take a few moments before responding to stressful situations, they allow their own healthy inner compasses to click in and guide them to become more thoughtful, resilient, and empathetic. The step-by-step process of mental training presented in The Mindful Child provides tools from which all children—and all families—will benefit.
Get it now:
foreign language editions
- In Brazilian Portuguese, published by Lucida Letra
- In Chinese, published by Oak Tree/Cite Publishing
- In Chinese (simplified), published by Capital Normal Univ. Press
- In Dutch, published by Ten Have Publishers
- In French, published by Editions Les Arenes
- In German, published by Arbor Verlag
- In Korean, published by Woonglicn Think Big Co.
- In Polish, published by Czarna Owca Publishers
- In Spanish, published by Desclee de Brouwer